2/16/09

Radius

Sometimes when I take the bike out I head up Main to Robinson, then bank east down Monument Avenue and open it up from there. For some reason I don't really care how much noise I make going down a cobblestone road punctuated with sculptures of Confederate generals. My favorite thing to do in the whole city is to make a complete circle around the Lee monument. Once a Starving Students moving truck got half into my lane on the southern half of the radius, so I throttled past him, finished the circle and then smoked his ass for the second time just before Jeb Stuart. This summer I started leaning the bike up and hanging my body into the corner like one would on a sport-bike. I've found I can run it a little faster this way. Last night, once I got a good line established, I reached down and let my left glove skim the curb. I've wanted to do that for three years.